[IGSTK-Developers] Slicer - IGT Meeting, Boston, Dec 2007

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:20:11 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

Happy Holiday! I just want to give you some update on this past meeting.

Luis, Ziv, and me went to the Slicer-IGT meeting in Boston last week. As
for our future effort to contribute to this community, we will keep
working on the tracker code and integrate it with Slicer 3.0. Currently,
Luis is experimenting adding observer to TrackerTool to send
igstkTransform over socket(vtkSocketCommunicator), which can be received
by Slicer daemons.  The initial result is good and we will keep working
on it at AHM in Utah next month.

The wiki page for this event is:
http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2007_December_Slicer_IGT_Programming

Some take home points for IGSTK group from this meeting are:

    Georgetown Action Items

    * Integrate IGSTK into Slicer3 (compiling and linking)
    * Enable socket communication for TrackerTool to send transform to
      Slicer3
          o Use VTKSocketCommunicator to package and send
            IGSTKTransform, need to have a receive end on Slicer3 side
    * Possibly add KWWidget GUI suppport
    * Video Capturing (w. Stoll, Hata, Frank, Patrick)
    * Need to discuss how the module would look like for the RFA
      application
    * Support JHU and Queens to use IGSTK?
          o Sending transform and images over socket - solution exists
          o Support OptoTrack

    Existing Slicer Features We Will Use

    * Possible segmentation algorithm for liver tumor segmentation
    * GUI workflow wizard
          o http://www.kwwidgets.org/Wiki/KWWidgets/Wizard_Workflow

    Planned Features That We Will Use

    * Arbitrary reslicing