[IGSTK-Developers] number of ports on polaris

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Oct 24 12:20:58 EDT 2007

Hi Ziv,

Your timing is impeccable! :)

We had a discussion on this and other related topics yesterday
with Patrick.  From what we could tell, the  assignment of
the total number of ports to 12 is  arbitrary. May be David can weigh on
this. Furthermore, virtual ports 3-11 are currently reserved for wireless
tracker tools. This choice is also I think an arbitrary one.

We will be revisiting these parameters as part of the refactoring.

-Andinet