[IGSTK-Developers] FlockOfBird testing

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Tue Apr 22 13:37:05 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

I ran some tests on the FlockOfBird code. Some problems I found are:

1. The bird only works on port1. When we fix this we should also test
multiple birds

2. The NeedleBiopsyNew failed to initialize the bird. This should be the
problem of the application, since the test passed.

 >2008 Apr 22, 13:33:10  :    (WARNING) InternalOpenPort: CreateFile()
 >failed.
 >Serial port open failure

Also I made some modification to:
IGSTKSandbox/Testing/CMakeLists.txt
IGSTKSandbox/Testing/igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerTest2.cxx
IGSTKSandbox/Testing/igstkSandboxTests.cxx

To integrate the FlockOfBirds into the test system.

Now there are two ways to run the test:

1. in the Sandbox-Bin directory run
 >ctest -C Debug -R Bird

This will run the test command in the CMakeLists.txt

IF(IGSTKSandbox_TEST_FLOCKOFBIRD_ATTACHED)
ADD_TEST( igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerTest2
               ${IGSTKSandbox_TESTS}
               igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerTest2

${IGSTKSandbox_TEST_OUTPUT_DIR}/igstkFlockOfBirdTest2LoggerOutput.txt
               ${IGSTKSandbox_TEST_FLOCKOFBIRD_PORT_NUMBER}
               )
ENDIF(IGSTKSandbox_TEST_FLOCKOFBIRD_ATTACHED)

2. you can also run the following test with your own parameters, Here
COMPort '0' is COM1
 >igstkSandboxTests.exe igstkFlockOfBirdsTrackerTest2 loggerOutput.txt
COMPort

Thank you,

Patrick