[IGSTK-Developers] Salt Lake City Update and Tcon schedule (tentative Jan 15, 9am)

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:48:36 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

Luis, Kevin, and me are at NA-MIC AHM in Utah right now. We
successfully  integrated IGSTK with Slicer using socket communication
and the demo was well received. This demonstrated the positive impact of
the huge effort we put into the tracker refactoring. Now IGSTK tracker
can be interfaced by other toolkit in a stand-alone fashion. It
certainly improved IGSTK's popularities among collaborators.

 From this meeting we have also realized the need and importance to
create open protocol and standard for inter system communication
specific for IGT applications, including transform, image, and robot
sensor data. I think Frank and Ole Vegard should also take a look at
this effort when it starts, it will certainly have impact on
VideoGrabber as well.

We will share more details about this events on the next tcon. Will next
Tuesday 9 am be a good time for every body?

Thanks,

Patrick