[Insight-developers] Code/Interfaces subdirectory

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Aug 10 09:39:13 EDT 2000

Hi Folks-

We've been experimenting and testing the itkMesh class and related classes.
As part of this process, Bill Hoffman has written some code that translates
itkMesh into vtkUnstructuredGrid and vtkUnstructuredGrid into itkMesh.

Performing these experiments has lead us to create a Code/Interfaces directory,
with the subdirectory Code/Interfaces/vtk as the first example of some interface code.
We are assuming (and hoping) that others will also want to create similar code for their
packages. We expect the Interfaces directory to be the place where we put code that
depends on optional external packages, and interfaces one system to another. Our thinking
is that for each package that we interface with, we will create a separate sub-directory in
Interfaces/.

If there are comments or issues please voice them. Thanks,
Will