[Insight-developers] can I partially build the itk?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Aug 22 17:00:28 EDT 2000

First, Insight is not really even in alpha right now, so
it is not very stable.

However, if you notice "mistakes" in any of the code, then
please post them to the list, so that they can be fixed.
I have just completed an update of Insight3DParty that should
work on unix gcc, windows and SGI CC 7.30.

I would not waste your time rewriting makefiles.   Many times the
problem can be fixed.  However, if no one knows you are having trouble,
then no one will help you.

What platform/compiler are you building?

There may have been server problems on Monday, does cvs work now?

Since several of the base classes in Common use the vnl library,
I don't think you can do much with the toolkit when vnl is not
building.