using vxl/vnl code

Luis Ibanez ibanez at cs.unc.edu
Tue May 9 13:02:18 EDT 2000

Hi,

We are testing the code from vxl/vnl, trying first
to perform some of the basic 3D transformations
that are usual in 3D/2D registration.

we are using  g++ 2.95.1 under SunOS
and g++ 2.95.2 under Linux.

It seems that some of the code in vxl/vcl conflicts with definitions
in the STL headers. The compiler produces messages like :

/usr/local/contrib/mod/gcc/with_binutils-2.9.1/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/2.95.1/include/g++/stl_config.h:158:
warning: `__STL_CLASS_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION' redefined
/net/optic/playpen/Insight/Insight/Code/Insight3DParty/vxl/vcl/emulation/gcc-295-stlconf.h:97:
warning: this is the location of the previous definition