[Insight-developers] Permission Problems in CMake Installation

Paul Hughett hughett@mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:29:35 -0400

I just downloaded and installed CMake for its repository and discovered
that some of the permissions are not set correctly for a Linux/Unix system;
all of the following get permissions 770 and owner root.root, which means
they cannot be used by anyone except root.

/usr/local/bin/cmake
/usr/local/share
/usr/local/share/CMake
/usr/local/share/CMake/Templates/configure
/usr/local/share/CMake/Templates/install-sh

Certainly the first three should be world-readable and executable;
I've leaving the last two alone for now on my machine.

Paul Hughett