[Insight-developers] Permission Problems in CMake Installation

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:04:47 -0400 (EDT)

> that some of the permissions are not set correctly for a Linux/Unix system;
> all of the following get permissions 770 and owner root.root, which means
> they cannot be used by anyone except root.
I'm guessing that your root users's "umask" is 007.  The installation
tool must use umask as a default when not told the permissions
explicitly.  I have changed CMake/Makefile.in to use 755 for executable
permissions.  If you update and re-run configure, make, make install, you
should be okay.

-Brad