[Insight-developers] hash_map

Joshua Cates cates@cayenne.cs.utah.edu
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:22:06 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

>From todays TCON it seems clear that we will need hash tables in Insight
and cannot use the non-standard STL hashed container extensions because
they are not supported by microsoft.

Our "itkHashTable" can either be completely STL-compatible, or
stand-alone, or somewhere in between. I think the latter is a good
compromise, ie. make a reasonable effort to implement the stl associative
container concept (ideally by modifying some public domain
implementation), but not try to tackle the full SGI hashed associative
container concept. Other folks thoughts on this?

If we agree that this is a reasonable way to go, I'll start putting
something together.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science