[Insight-developers] Disk full

Luis Ibanez ibanez@cs.unc.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:26:58 -0500

Hi,

I got this strange error message compiling the toolkit,
and found that the binaries are taken a considerable
amount of space.

I know that 40Gb disks are getting cheaper and cheaper...
but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong in my local build.

Using Cygwin, and making an outsource build,
the binaries took :

   439 Mb (well,... the disk was full at this point).

 These are the sizes of some of the libraries:

   BasicLibraries     1.5 Mb
   Common             9.6 Mb
   Numerics          24.7 Mb

 The Testing directory took: 331 Mb !

   Algorithms      91 Mb
   BasicFilters   124 Mb
   Common          64 Mb
   Numerics        48 Mb

------

Under WinNT, the binaries are more affordable,
the take only:   144 Mb.
(That should be wrong... VC++ is doing better that gcc !)

Is there something that can be done to reduce the size ?

Is that consequence of the manual instantiation ?