[Insight-developers] Disk full

Parag Chandra chandra@cs.unc.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:32:41 -0500

Luis, I've noticed the same thing. In my case though, I think VC++ is taking
up less space than Cygwin because with VC++ it's much easier to just
selectively compile the projects you need, and that's what I have done. With
Cygwin on the other hand, I just type make from the root directory and it
builds everything, because I'm lazy ;-) I don't know if Cygwin works the
same way, but if I compile everything in VC++ under the Release target, then
all the debug information is left out and the compiled code is much smaller.
Perhaps there's some way to do this under Cygwin as well?

-Parag