[Insight-developers] Disk full

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:23:03 -0500 (EST)

Luis,

> Is there something that can be done to reduce the size ?
> Is that consequence of the manual instantiation ?
Actually, it is because we are NOT doing manual instantiation for the
tests.  Every template class that is needed by each test is being
instantiated and linked statically into the executable for that test.
This means we have a copy of many template classes in every test
exectuable.  The idea of the manual instantiation is to be able to put the
instantiations you need in the libraries, and link to them from the
executables.  This way, each instantiation only exists in one place, and
the code will be much smaller.

-Brad