[Insight-developers] Why is CMake networking?

Paul Hughett hughett@mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:13:59 -0400

I just updated from the repository and recompiled ITK.  I notice that
it is doing network DNS lookups.  Why?  What possible reason does ITK
have to talk to the network?  How do I disable the network options?
(We tend to get somewhat paranoid about computer security issues
here.)

Paul Hughett

creating CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
runing /bin/hostname
mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
runing /usr/bin/nslookup mercur.uphs.upenn.edu

Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:		xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Address:	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#xxx

Name:	mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

runing uname -a
Linux mercur.uphs.upenn.edu 2.4.2 #7 SMP Sat Apr 28 13:58:57 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
runing cd /home/hughett/work/Insight.bin/Code/Numerics/vxl; /home/hughett/work/Insight/Code/Numerics/vxl/configure