[Insight-developers] Why is CMake networking?

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:57:17 -0400

CMake does a hostname and a nslookup and a uname to setup some variables for testing. Basically, the
site name (should be the domain name but is currently the hostname) and buildname are constructed
automatically, and then used to create directory names.

Once this done once, I think you should be able to override the values in the cache if you do not
want to "export" these variables.

All we are really looking for is information like

uphs.upenn.edu
irix65
gcc

etc.

I don't want to export hostnames but this is what CMake currently has implemented.

Jim