[Insight-developers] Changes toCMake

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:42:29 -0400

Ken,
Where do I specify --with-shared and --with-sproc? I used to specify these on the configure line.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Martin [mailto:ken.martin@kitware.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 9:47 AM
To: Cmake@Public. Kitware. Com; Vtk-Developers@Public. Kitware. Com;
Insight
Subject: [Insight-developers] Changes toCMake

Hello All,

I have been making changes to CMake to support it being installed in
/usr/bin etc. The idea is that in the long run cmake will be a tool on
the computer and not part of every project's source tree. Right now I
have committed the core changes but not removed CMake from the Insight
tree. Right now to use cmake on UNIX you would do something like the
following:

// build cmake first
cd Insight/CMake
./configure
make

// then use cmake to build Insight
mkdir Insight-linux
cd Insight-linux
../Insight/CMake/Source/cmake ../Insight
make

later today I'll make an install target for cmake so that it can
easily be put into $prefix/bin and $prefix/share/cmake. The Windows
process should be the same as it was before and I'll create a binary
distribution of cmake for Windows soon. Two changes worth noting are
that CMakeBuildTargets and CMakeSetupCMD were merged into one file
cmake.cxx which handles both windows and UNIX, configure is now run
internally by cmake (on UNIX) not by the developer.

Ken