[Insight-developers] Agenda for meeting..

Will Schroeder will . schroeder at kitware . com
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:09:11 -0400

Hi Stephen-

On Friday we put some names next to the agenda items. I was thinking that
you might do the demo for UNC. It looks like we will have 8 demos at this
point, so the time left for development environment is reduced to 40
minutes, I don't see how we will have time for something else at the end.

Will

-----

Thursday
==========
9:00    Introduction/Administrative [Terry]

10:00  Survey Results and Discussion [Sayan]

11:00  Coordination of Afternoon Presentation [Will/Bill L]
       - Version 1.0 release dates
       - 1.1 release date
         - review/refine materials

12:30  Lunch

   2:00 - 3:00 An Introduction to ITK [Terry]
      + Introduction
                Goals, objectives, team, relationship ot VHP
                Validation

      + Overview [Bill L]
                Architecture, major design decisions, major subsections
                Use of templates/generic programming
                Image representation
                Mesh Representation

      + Registration Algorithms & Framework [Luis/Lydia]
                various algorithms and results

      + Segmentation Algorithms & Framework [Josh/Ross]
                various algorithms and results

      + Future [Terry]
                Upcoming releases, etc.
                Annoucement of the Beta2.

   3:00 - 4:20 Demonstrations [Bill L to intro?]
       + Each of the six groups will have 10 minutes to provide a quick demo

   4:00 - 5:00 Developing with ITK [Will]
       + Environment
                CMake, DART, Cable

      + Core
                memory management (smart pointers, object factories, etc.)
                events (command/observer)
                Image Processing (Image, iterators, etc.)
                Mesh
                Data flow
                Image IO

5:00 - Meetings with very excited customers over beer

Friday
=====
8:30 - 12:00 Prioritized work plan [Will?]
         - short term through October
         - longer term WA5
         - issues, deliverables, problems

1:00 - 3:00 ??