[Insight-developers] Agenda for meeting..

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 18:47:25 +0200

 From 8:30-12 on Friday - another topic

Long-term goal...what's next for itk? Should any of the following be
considered
1) Providing a platform for application development - start identifying
other tools necessary for applicatoin development.
2) GUI to the methods?
3) Visualization of the images?
4) Distributed computing of the methods?
5) Remote procedure calls for remote computing?
6) Well developed interfaces to other systems (VTK, Analyze...)
7) Do we expect ITK to remain a tool for researchers wanting to plug
things together one problem at a time?

Perhaps we can help Terry decide where ITK should go and/or set
guidelines for how such things should or shouldn't be addressed by itk.
   With the public release, perhaps we should be prepared for what
others might try to do (e.g., how they might want to modify and extend)
the system.

Or maybe I am planning way too much :)

Stephen

Will Schroeder wrote:

> Hi Stephen-
>
> On Friday we put some names next to the agenda items. I was thinking
> that you might do the demo for UNC. It looks like we will have 8 demos
> at this point, so the time left for development environment is reduced
> to 40 minutes, I don't see how we will have time for something else at
> the end.
>
> Will
>
> -----
>
> Thursday
> ==========
> 9:00    Introduction/Administrative [Terry]
>

> 10:00  Survey Results and Discussion [Sayan]
>

> 11:00  Coordination of Afternoon Presentation [Will/Bill L]
>       - Version 1.0 release dates
>       - 1.1 release date
>         - review/refine materials
>

> 12:30  Lunch
>

>   2:00 - 3:00 An Introduction to ITK [Terry]
>      + Introduction
>                Goals, objectives, team, relationship ot VHP
>                Validation
>

>      + Overview [Bill L]
>                Architecture, major design decisions, major subsections
>                Use of templates/generic programming
>                Image representation
>                Mesh Representation
>

>      + Registration Algorithms & Framework [Luis/Lydia]
>                various algorithms and results
>

>      + Segmentation Algorithms & Framework [Josh/Ross]
>                various algorithms and results
>

>      + Future [Terry]
>                Upcoming releases, etc.
>                Annoucement of the Beta2.
>

>   3:00 - 4:20 Demonstrations [Bill L to intro?]
>       + Each of the six groups will have 10 minutes to provide a quick demo
>

>   4:00 - 5:00 Developing with ITK [Will]
>       + Environment
>                CMake, DART, Cable
>

>      + Core
>                memory management (smart pointers, object factories, etc.)
>                events (command/observer)
>                Image Processing (Image, iterators, etc.)
>                Mesh
>                Data flow
>                Image IO
>

> 5:00 - Meetings with very excited customers over beer
>

> Friday
> =====
> 8:30 - 12:00 Prioritized work plan [Will?]
>         - short term through October
>         - longer term WA5
>         - issues, deliverables, problems
>
> 1:00 - 3:00 ??

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695