[Insight-developers] Python Module Names Cause Havoc, news at 11

Charl P. Botha c . p . botha at ewi . tudelft . nl
18 Dec 2003 15:13:34 +0100

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 14:55, Charl P. Botha wrote:
> I propose that the ITK Python modules follow VTK's example and are
> renamed from e.g. itkcommon.py to itkCommonPython, itkbase.py to
> itkBasePython.py etc.  Most users won't notice the change, because
> InsightToolkit.py takes care of all these imports.

Whoops, that's not good enough.  There are DLLs and/or modules already
using those names.  *sigh*

Whatever the case may be, I propose a naming convention so that all DLL
and module names are unique independent of case.

Perhaps itkcommon.py could become e.g. itkCommonPythonTopLevel.py, and
so forth.

--
charl p. botha http://cpbotha . net/ http://visualisation . tudelft . nl/