[Insight-developers] REQ: Help with SunOS Compile errors

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd . ge . com
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:55:56 -0400

It is the 2.95 compiler. I am out of the office until Wednesday of next week
so won't be able to help much unfortunately.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Hoffman [mailto:billlist at nycap . rr . com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:44 AM
To: Kent Williams; insight-developers at itk . org
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] REQ: Help with SunOS Compile errors

We do not support the Sun compiler.  The compiler on that sun is some
version of gcc.
Bill L. would be able to tell us what version it is.  My guess is that it is
gcc 2.95 which
is something we may want to support.   This may require a TRY_COMPILE test
for std::binary_function,
and providing your own version of the template when it is not there.

-Bill

At 10:58 AM 10/21/2003, Kent Williams wrote:
>I'm running into problems with getting what I thought was innocuous C++
code to compile on all platforms. I was wondering if someone who  has access
to a SunOS system could have a look at the <functional> header and see why
it can't find some of these class templates.  Once again I'm wondering what
'Standard C++'  and 'Standard Template Library' really means, since there
seems to be some incompatible variations between all the implementations...

>*Site:*esopus.crd
>*Build Name:*SunOS-5.7-c++
>File: *Code/IO/itkIPLFileNameList.cxx* Line: *12*CVS
<http://www . itk . org/cgi-bin/viewcvs . cgi/Code/IO/itkIPLFileNameList . cxx?cvsro
ot=Insight&annotate=HEAD#12> and Doxygen
<http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/itkIPLFileNameList_cxx-source . html>
access

>Building object file itkJPEGImageIO.o...
>Building object file itkRegularExpressionSeriesFileNames.o...
>Building object file itkSiemensVisionImageIOFactory.o...
>Building object file itkGiplImageIOFactory.o...
>Building object file itkIPLCommonImageIO.o...
>Building object file itkIPLFileNameList.o...
>*/projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Code/IO/itkIPLFileNameList.cxx:12: no
class template named `binary_function' in `std'
>*/projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Code/IO/itkIPLFileNameList.cxx:54: no
class template named `binary_function' in `std'

>projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTComplexConjuga
teToRealImageFilter.txx: In method `void
itk::VnlFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter<double,3>::GenerateData()':
>/projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkFFTTest.cxx
:95:   instantiated from here
>*/projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTComplexConju
gateToRealImageFilter.txx:81: `conj' undeclared in namespace `std'
>*/projects/quality/itkQuality/Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTComplexConju
gateToRealImageFilter.txx:81: confused by earlier errors, bailing out