[Insight-developers] Inverse of the itkCentered3DEulerTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 14 11:05:15 EDT 2004

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for pointing this out.

It seems that the correct method names should be

        SetRotationMatrix()
        GetRotationMatrix()

They are both implemented in Euler3DTransform
that is the superclass of the Centered3DEulerTransform.
This has passed unnoticed because a test was missing
for the Centered3DEulerTransform. We are now adding the
corresponding test.

However,...

Note that after the release of ITK 1.8, this method
was reworked and it now looks like:

> // return an inverse transformation
> template<class TScalarType>
> bool
> CenteredEuler3DTransform<TScalarType>::
> GetInverse( Self* inverse) const
> {
>   if(!Superclass::GetInverse(inverse))
>     {
>     return false;
>     }
>
>   inverse->m_Center      =   m_Center;
>   inverse->m_Translation =  -m_Translation;
>   inverse->ComputeMatrix();
>
>   return true;
>
> }

Please let us know if you find any other problems,

   Thanks,

       Luis