[Insight-developers] ImageRegistration14 Running Time : OnePlusOneEvolutionary optimizer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Mar 6 23:44:44 EST 2005

Bill,

I added the initial parameters to the command line of
both tests (ImageRegistration14 and ImageRegistration15)
in order to start close to the solution.

They are still taking 25 and 30 seconds respectively in
a Pentium 4 at 3Ghz. (it turned out that my previous value
of 10min was incorrect).

What I see is a disproportionate overhead for the platforms
that run this test in debug mode. Eg. about 10 times in
Linux.

I wonder if this is a sign that there are optimizations
to be made in the Metric itself.

Zach suggested to modify the epsilon criterion used for
stopping the metric. However, it seems that larger epsilons
will stop the optimization before the parameters are close
enough to the known solution of these tests.

BTW, we could also speedup the test by reducing the
FixedImageRegion used for the registration. The drawback
is that it will become less and less of a test...

Any suggestions are welcome...

        Luis