[Insight-developers] Image Orientation Progress

Peter Cech pcech at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 10 19:14:03 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 14:42:10 -0500, Lorensen, William E (Research) wrote:
> I think he meant non-orthogonal volumes...

Sorry for confusion, I do not know correct term for such volume
organization. What I meant is a volume consisting of parallel slices,
but when you span a vector between "upper left corners" of two slices,
such vector is not orthogonal to slice plane. In cross-section it looks
like:
          ----
        ----
      ----

IIRC it was always CT when such volume was mentioned, but from what I
know about MRI, it should be possible with it as well (no clue whether
it is ever done, though).

Regards,

Peter