[Insight-developers] increase the maximum size of an email

Ashish Poddar ahpoddar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:41:47 EST 2005

I agree with kent and william about not posting on the listserve. If you are
looking for some free servers to host your images, then try
rapidshare.de<http://rapidshare.de/>,
megaupload.com <http://megaupload.com/>,
imageshack.com<http://imageshack.com/>,
mytempdir.com <http://mytempdir.com/>, amongst several others. All these
will upload your files in their servers and give you a link which you can
post on the listserve. If the link is not used for a couple of weeks, then
it gets deleted by the server automatically.
 HTH,
regards,
Ashish.

On 11/16/05, William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> A mailing list is really not a good place to post data. You have to
> remember that
> there are 230 people on this list, so to send out a 256*256 image is
> actually sending
> out 230*256*256 image . So, a link to an image, or a link to the data in
> an
> Insight Journal article is a much better way to talk about images.
>
> -Bill
>

> At 12:15 PM 11/16/2005, Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is it possible to increase the maximum size of an email ?
> >With the current configuration, I was not able to send a greyscale image
> >of size 256*256.
> >It is very porblematic to not be able to send small images like this one
> >on a list where we talk about image analysis...
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Gaetan
> >
> >--
> >Gaëtan Lehmann
> >Biologie du Développement et de la Reproduction
> >INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)
> >tel: +33 1 34 65 29 66 fax: 01 34 65 29 09
> >http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr

Ashish Poddar
<http://ahpoddar.bizhat.com>
Its high time we standardize everything!