[Insight-developers] how can I verify that my code runs on several processors ?

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Nov 29 09:26:41 EST 2005

The server contains 4 xeons with hyperthreading activated.
The hyperthreading is a part of my problem: I don't know how I can be sure
that 2 threads are not running on the same processor. I see 8 processors,
and I don't know how the CPU numbers are given, so I can't be sure my
thread are not running on the same real CPU.

But I'm not sure that the lone problem: I get worst and worst performance
when I increase the number of threads (up to 4) - it seems very similar to
what I get on a single processor system. I think I should get a (small)
increase of performance when the number of thread increase

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)