[Insight-developers] gdcmSerieHelper change.

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Sep 22 14:22:39 EDT 2005

Folks,
I've modified the sorting algortihm used in gdcmSerieHelper to use a multimap rather than a bucket sort. The old sort could erroneously report duplicate positions if there were gaps or varying slice spacing. The new code still returns false if there are duplicate positions, but otherwise sorts the files.

I know that the gdcm folks are reworking the SerieHelper, but this part of the code has not been touched. These changes should be easily integrated into the new gdcm code.

As for handling variable spacing, I think the application should handle the situation.

Bill