[Insight-developers] cmake version of the Insigh Journal Automatic Testing System seems to be 2.0

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:15:07 EST 2006

As  Bill suggested, we should discuss the implicatons of upgrading to
cmake2.2. I have been using it for my personal builds for some time now.
Overall, I think it is a a big improvement, especially since it handles
dependencies so much better.

There are a couple of caveats (not criticisms);
1) Seems that cmake2.2 has closed a number of holes in the older cmakes. I
noticed while trying to build slicer2, that cmake2.2 strictly enforces that
${}'s be used to evaluate variables. Somehow in the past, cmake expanded
variables that did not have ${}.
2) The build directory structure is very different. Of course, no one
shouold be depending on how the .obj files are stored.
3) The LINK_LIBRARIES command seems to work (or not work) differently). I
switced the slicer2 CMakeLists.txt files to use TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES, which
I believe is preferred anyway.

I suggest we open a Wiki page to discuss the issues of upgrading to CMake2.2
.

Bill