[Insight-developers] cmake version of the Insigh Journal Automatic Testing System seems to be 2.0

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Mar 27 13:24:41 EST 2006

WrapITK is a full cmake project, and take advantage of the last functionality
of cmake. We have workaround some limitation of cmake 2.2, and will be
pleased to drop most of this hacked code with the next release of cmake.

As Julien wrote, it's not necessary to include WrapITK in the future release
of ITK, and the users will be able to download it from the insight journal. I
do prefer be able to use last version of cmake to clean the code rather than
continuously find new (and not always really nice) workarounds.
WrapITK builds outside ITK tree now, and so can live outside ITK tree.
Moreover, WrapITK do not preserve backward compatibility with the current
wrapping system, so the 2 systems should continue to live side by side the
time the current one get deprecated.

Anyway, WrapITK have his place in the Insight Journal, but the 1 star in
testing result does not look very serious, and the only way to fix that is to
use cmake 2.2 (or newer)

Gaetan