[Insight-developers] Re: Integrating WrapITK into ITK CVS

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Nov 2 11:50:59 EST 2006

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

>> Another issue is this:
>>  ::itk::ImageRegion<2> const & GetBufferedRegion() const;
>>
>> That is going to have to use the typedef name for ImageRegion and not
>> the template name.
>
> The problem here is that the ImageRegion wrapper will be defined in
> another file. If we define it in the same file, the full c++ name is
> replaced by the wrapped name, and there is no problem anymore.

I am not sure I follow you here.   I guess it all goes down to my
requirement list.  If we follow those requirements,
then we should be ok.  And, I think we can do that by using the .idx
files that we have right now.
> Yes that's what I mean by "The next step is to define how to organize
> things in a consistent way, so it can scale with the whole wrapping
> process" - I must say your explanation is much clear :-)
>
> The small program I wrote is only there to show that it can work -
> that's the "next step" you have defined last august. There is still
> many problems to solve, and surely most of the solutions to those
> problems are already there in the current wrapping system.
>
> Someone want to take the next step ?

I don't have time right now, but the next step is the same as I stated a
while ago.
Can you create an example by hand using just swig .i files that has
several classes
A,B,C in several modules that does the right thing for imports and such
in the swig language.

-Bill