[Insight-developers] ITK 3.0 & Copyright Issues

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 30 16:59:36 EST 2006

Hi Steve;

Here is the status of the copyright issues that you pointed out
this morning.

1) itkOctreeNode files: The copyright has been transferred to the
       Insight Software Consortium, and the headers of these two
       files have been modified accordingly in CVS

2) The itkAnalyzeDbh.h file was moved to Utilities/itkExtHdrs
    The copyright is still held by the Mayo Clinic, but we have
    verbal permission to distribute it.

3) The files

          Insight/Code/Numerics/FEM/dsrc2c.c
          Insight/Code/Numerics/FEM/dsrc2c.f

    have now been removed from the repository along with its ITK
    wrapper the

           itkFEMLinearSystemWrapperItpack.cxx
           itkFEMLinearSystemWrapperItpack.h

    Their traces have been removed from the FEM framework,
    in particular from the FEMRegistrationFilter.

    This linear solver has now been replaced with the
    DenseVNL linear solver.

    It is likely that the FEM deformable test will fail tomorrow,
    we will need to fine tune this solver for the conditions of
    deformable registration.

This cleanup should leave us in a clearer situation regarding
Copyrights.

Please let us know if you encounter any other anomalies.
We will clean them swiftly.

Otherwise, we anticipate to tag the release of ITK 3.0
tomorrow, of course, depending on the state of the
Dashboard.