[Insight-developers] Itkzlib stuck at version 1.1.4?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 4 18:16:51 EDT 2007

Hi Sean,

Yes, ITK and VTK "share" many of these libraries.

However, they are not linked in any way through CVS.

The process of updating the libraries will have to
be done independently on each toolkit (ITK/VTK).

I would suggest to start with and easy chunk and just
update the zlib library in ITK. If that goes well,
then make the same updates in VTK.

Then move to jpeg... and so on.

Each one of those updates will take approximately one
week. Committing the changes themselves will be just a
matter of hours, but stabilizing the Dashboard in all
the platforms after the commits does typically requires
a week of discontinuous work.

You want to run Experimental builds in at least Windows,
Linux and Mac, before committing the changes to the CVS
repository.

It is also strongly recommended to commit changes early
in the morning, so you will see the results of the
continuous builds during the day, and will have a chance
to fix them before the modifications affect the entire
Nightly build of the next day.

   Please let us know if you encounter any major problems,