Re: [Insight-developers] SmartPointerForwardReference Compile error with mingw

Tomáš Kazmar Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 17 10:46:27 EDT 2007

# Od: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
# Luis Ibanez wrote:
# >
# > Does anybody sees a reason why the
# >
# >           itkSmartPointerForwardReference.h
# >
# > is not including its corresponding
# >
# >           itkSmartPointerForwardReference.txx
# >
# > at the end of the file ?
# >
# >
# > This lack of including the .txx from the .h
# > seems to be the reason for the following
# > build problem in MinGW reported in the users
# > list:
# >
# > http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2007-June/022503.html
# >
# >
# >
# > If there are no objections I will add the include of the .txx
# > file at the end of the itkSmartPointerForwardReference.h file.
#
# I think it was for some interaction between ProcessObject and
# DataObject.  There is an explicit instantiation of
# SmartPointerForwardReference inside itkDataObject.cxx, but it is not
# dllexport-ed.
#
# -Brad

It seems so, but how come that linking fails only with mingw? There is
also an explicit instantiation inside
itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx which is used
like this in CMakeLists.txt:

IF (WIN32)
   SET(ITKCommon_SRCS ${ITKCommon_SRCS} itkWin32OutputWindow.cxx itkSmartPointerForwardReferenceProcessObject.cxx)
ENDIF (WIN32)

If you have any ideas I can test it because right now i have access to
one mingw-windows machine.

Tomash