[Insight-developers] Is there a way to shut up MetaCommand warnings?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 30 15:32:33 EDT 2007

So, we used MetaCommand for command line parsing, converting over almost all
our locally developed programs.  Since we were converting existing programs,
we had to use the same command line arguments, so as not to break hundred of
scripts.

That worked great, except now, MetaCommand now wants to disallow short flags
to one character, and force long flag names to have two dashes.  So it
prints out a warning to this effect every cotton-picking time we run our
programs.

Short of hacking the source, is there a way to turn off the warning message?

I have to say that this is a new requirement/restriction that I don't find
much justification for.  It's nice that long-option syntax has been added
(to make MetaCommand a little closer from outside appearance to GNU GetOpt),
but REQUIRING two dashes for multi-character options seems a little harsh,
especially since the code has been around for a long time without enforcing
this restriction or printing warnings.