[Insight-developers] Visual Studio 6.0

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Dec 11 02:12:01 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

My main concern with vs6 is the lack of partial specialization
support (maybe other compilers don't have that feature by the way).
I guess that, at the beginning of ITK development, vs6 was a very
important compiler to support, so the developers must have found some
workarounds to be able to use it. But now, is it still important to
support that compiler?

After some time, it seem to be a good idea to re-evaluate what
features we want to have, and compilers we want to support, and found
a compromise between those two points.
Maybe it's time to re-evaluate that, or to plan that re-evaluation?

Regards,

Gaëtan