[Insight-developers] Re: Review Directory : Coding Style Problems

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jan 25 11:16:56 EST 2007

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

> In the files I have fixed this morning, at least 95% of the problems
> was the length of the lines. Like you, I would really prefer spending
> this time doing things more useful.
>
>  - that's why I ask again if the line length limit can be increased,
> or removed

Like it or not, the line lengths are here to stay, so the best approach
would be to write the code with the correct line length to begin with.
Many editors can be setup to flag or notify you that the line length is
past the limit.   Another approach, might be to make this a cvs commit
check. That way the code never makes it to the dashboard with the long
lines.

-Bill