[Insight-developers] Streaming ImageIO & NIfTI file format.

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 18 11:43:53 EDT 2007

On assignment from Hans, I have modified niftilib to handle reading of
arbitrary image subregions.  I went ahead and checked my changes into
Insight CVS (i.e. Insight/Utilities/nifti).  Hans will give my changes to
the NIfTI developers where they should be part of the official niftilib.
Since I just added a function to the library, there are no side effects for
existing code.

I am not, however, in the loop with the people working on ImageIO Streaming.
I've checked my changes into the NAMICSandbox/ImageIOStreaming directory, so
the version there of itkNiftiImageIO.* now use my new function in niftilib.
Those (and the other changes to ImageIOBase, ImageFileReader etc) will have
to be moved back to the ITK trunk eventually.

Anyway, I wanted to announce the progress I made, and get some feedback on
what if anything I need to do to move this project forward....