[Insight-developers] changes in level set routines since ITK 3.4 breaks itk-snap

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 05:49:47 EDT 2008

Found the problem. As expected, it was my fault.

itkParallelSparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.txx line 2526:

   const ValueType inside_value  = (max_layer+1) *
m_ConstantGradientValue;
   const ValueType outside_value = -(max_layer+1) *
m_ConstantGradientValue;

should be replaced with

   const ValueType outside_value  = (max_layer+1) *
m_ConstantGradientValue;
   const ValueType inside_value = -(max_layer+1) *
m_ConstantGradientValue;

Now, I kick myself in the foot for not testing the parallel filter
enough.
I looked at the test for the ParallelSparseField filter and it's
basically not much more than a
coverage test, as there is no comparison with a baseline image.
Probably this is a thing that
should be fixed as well.

Now, the real problem is that the latest releases don't work with
Snap, and that parallel
sparse field filter is basically useless the way it is in the last
two releases.

In the meantime, should I check the fix in and close the bug?

Luca