[Insight-developers] Need help with Borland Issues after recent checkins

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Aug 8 18:27:32 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Le 8 août 08 à 19:00, Bill Lorensen a écrit :

> Gaetan,
>
> As the dashboard shows:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=142749
>
> there are issues with some of the new filters you are moving into
> Review. As you know, we have been able to fix many of these,

Thanks again for your help :-)

> but code
> like:
>
> template<class TInputImage, class TOutputImage>
> class ITK_EXPORT FastApproximateRankImageFilter :
> public MiniPipelineSeparableImageFilter<TInputImage, TOutputImage,
> RankImageFilter<TInputImage, TInputImage, Neighborhood<bool,
> TInputImage::ImageDimension> > >
>
> is causing problems. In particular it is the
> TInputImage::ImageDimension that is causing the problems.
>
> I am at a loss as to how to fix these errors. Perhaps a more
> knowledgeable C++ guru could help.

I have nearly nothing of a C++ guru, but I'll try to do something.
I think we have a similar case in the SliceBySliceImageFilter class.
The image dimension is extracted from the image type provided by the
user, and reused to define the default type of several template
parameters.

template<class TInputImage,
   class TOutputImage,
   class TInputFilter=ImageToImageFilter<
     Image< ITK_TYPENAME
TInputImage::PixelType,  ::itk::GetImageDimension<TInputImage
 >::ImageDimension - 1 >,
     Image< ITK_TYPENAME
TOutputImage
::PixelType, ::itk::GetImageDimension<TOutputImage>::ImageDimension -
1 > >,

So I guess I can restore the default kernel parameter in
RankImageFilter in a similar way, and completely remove the Kernel
definition in FastApproximateRankImageFilter.

template<class TInputImage, class TOutputImage>
class ITK_EXPORT FastApproximateRankImageFilter :
public MiniPipelineSeparableImageFilter<TInputImage, TOutputImage,
RankImageFilter<TInputImage, TInputImage > >

and

template<class TInputImage, class TOutputImage, class
TKernel=FlatStructuringElement< ::itk::GetImageDimension<TInputImage
 >::ImageDimension > >
class ITK_EXPORT RankImageFilter :

I've committed that - I hope it will make a difference.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)