[Insight-developers] LIBXML2 : Data Provenance Roadmap ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 22 13:51:12 EST 2008

In an effort to put this discussion into context:

     Is there a roadmap on how data provenance
       is going to be integrated into ITK ?

To be more concrete:

a) Are we talking about a new framework of classes
    that will be added to the toolkit ?

b) Are we talking about modifications to the basic
    classes such as the itk::Image, MetaDataDictionary
    or the ImageIO classes ?

c) Is libxml2 the only 3rd party library needed ?
    or do we need to include additional tools in
    order to have a functional support for data
    provenance ?

  What ITK classes are going to use the libxml2 API ?

  Who will be the typical users of these classes ?

  Is this a functionality that will interest all ITK users ?
  or is it more targeted to a 20% of the users,
  10% of the users ? 1% ?

   Answering these questions should help us evaluate
   how libxml2 should be integrated with ITK.

       Luis