[Insight-developers] link against itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 22 19:13:57 EST 2008

Hi Leila,

You can build a library with your non-templated classes
and add a dependency to your CMakeLists.txt file.

   TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myLibrary ITKCommon ITKIO...)

Then you can also add the directories where your templated
classes are to:

            INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(myHeaders)

In this way, you could add your library to the project
that you are developing.

In other words, your project will have two dependencies,
one is directly your library, and the other is (indirectly)
ITK:

     MyProject ------->  MyLibrary ----> ITK

You can finally create a FindMYLIBRARY.cmake file, so that from
your project you just need to use a FIND_PACKAGE(MyLibrary)
command.