[Insight-developers] NIFTI : malloc() vs "new"

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 22 19:36:45 EST 2008

We are cleaning a large set of warning related to conversions between
64bits and 32bits integers, and in the process we run across a group
of memory allocations being made in the NiftiImageIO class.

We are wondering why this class is mixing memory allocations with
"malloc()" in some places and with "new" in some places.

Our suggestion will be to convert all memory allocations to "new",
and accordingly replace calls to free() with the use of the "delete"
operator.

Could someone from the NIFTI community provide some guidance ?