[Insight-developers] bug report on DeformableModelSimplexMesh application

Defeng WANG dfwang at cse.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Jan 31 09:29:00 EST 2008

Hello, ITK users and developers,

I found that DeformableModelSimplexMesh, provided in InsightApplications-3.4.0, does not converge. It seems that the deformable mesh will not stop near the boundary of one object to be segmented. I tried a very simple volume data set containing a sphere only. The initial mesh I used is a spherical simplex mesh inside it. However, by increasing the number of iterations, the mesh will continue to expand until it reaches outside of the image and the program reports error.

Is there anybody tried this program successfully before? Or anybody knows how to adjust the parameters properly to get right segmentation?

Best wishes,
Defeng