[Insight-developers] bug report on DeformableModelSimplexMesh application

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at phenogenomics.ca
Thu Jan 31 09:54:22 EST 2008

Hi Defeng,

Yes I have used that code many a times. I am not sure if I understand
what you mean by "it does not converge".

My understanding of deformable models is

1. you must make sure your gradient image is created properly. Use
paraview to look at the vector image

2. you must play with the parameters to get the model to converge,

This is a specific type of deformable models which uses simplex mesh.
I suggest you read about this algorithm first. This is developed based
on the paper by Herve Delingette of INRIA france.

Leila