[Insight-developers] bug report on DeformableModelSimplexMesh application

Defeng WANG dfwang at cse.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Jan 31 12:39:42 EST 2008

Hi, Leila,

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the parameters in the UI of
DeformableModelSimplexMesh are not related to the gradient calculation. I
read the source code involved in DeformableModelSimplexMesh. As for the
gradient calculation, three filters are used successively as follows,

  m_GradientMagnitude->SetInput(m_CastImage->GetOutput() );
  m_GradientMagnitude->SetSigma(0.5);

  m_SigmoidImage->SetInput( m_GradientMagnitude->GetOutput());
  m_SigmoidImage->SetOutputMinimum(0);
  m_SigmoidImage->SetOutputMaximum(1);
  m_SigmoidImage->SetAlpha(230);
  m_SigmoidImage->SetBeta(1300);

  m_GradientFilter->SetInput( m_SigmoidImage->GetOutput());
  m_GradientFilter->SetSigma( 0.5);

I have taken a look at the final gradent image. It seems that it is good
enough to describe the
edge or boundary of a sphere. So what do you think of this problem existing
in this simple example?

Look forard to your response.

Best wishes,
Defeng