[Insight-developers] DICOM / GDCM: Better support for UUID generation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 19 09:10:08 EDT 2008

Hi Mathieu,

The presence of the UUID library is not enough in this case.
For the purpose of the use that GDCM is making of UUID, it is
necessary to also have installed the development version of the
library.

In Debian/Ubuntu this is not installed by default,
as the Dashboard illustrates this morning  :-)

The package to install, apparently, is :

                    uuid-dev

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/uuid-dev

The uuid.h header will go into

          /usr/include/uuid/uuid.h