[Insight-developers] DICOM / GDCM: Better support for UUID generation

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:29:38 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>

> The presence of the UUID library is not enough in this case.
> For the purpose of the use that GDCM is making of UUID, it is
> necessary to also have installed the development version of the
> library.
> In Debian/Ubuntu this is not installed by default,
> as the Dashboard illustrates this morning  :-)

Sorry about that, but I did warned people :)

> The package to install, apparently, is :
>

>                   uuid-dev
>
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libdevel/uuid-dev
>

> The uuid.h header will go into
>

>         /usr/include/uuid/uuid.h

Just like debian, cmake inspection should work for that case. Now the
question, is :

1. On win32, everything is found: rpc.h & rpcrt4 are always there
2. On MacOSX, it seems that uuid.h get installed by default (ref:
Mathieu Coursolle)
3. On *NIX system, we will have two modes:
  3.1 one where the old behavior is still used (handcrafted
pseudo-uuid generation) or
  3.2 if uuid is found (header+libuuid.so symlink) then use this lib instead.

Technically with cmake 2.6 I could be doing solution 3.2 even if the
*-dev package is not installed. So this make the library behaves with
a minor difference, on one specific target.

Comments ?
--
Mathieu