[Insight-developers] Okay to remove protected helper function, ExceptionObject::UpdateWhat()?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 27 14:23:39 EDT 2008

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Ah, but we have no way of knowing... do we

Yes, we do.  We take it out and wait for a user to complain, treat it as
a bug at that point, and fix it.  I don't want to get into yet another
compatibility discussion, but if we support every single possible way a
user could have been using our (undocumented) code forever then ITK will
bloat even more.  We should at least use the legacy/deprecation scheme.

-Brad