[Insight-developers] setting ITK + VTK environment

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 3 11:54:15 EDT 2009

Hi Guru,

                 Welcome to ITK !

Please note the the developers list is intended for
discussion code that is being contributed to the
toolkit, and/or bug fixes and general management of
the project.

You may want to post your questions to the ITK users
list. You can subscribe at:

In order to get started with ITK, please read the
Tutorials

    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html

in particular:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

as well as the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

-----

The procedure for building ITK comes down to:

   a) Download ITK source code from
http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html

   b) Expand the source code in any directory.
      That directory will now be referred to  as
      the "Source Directory".

   c) Create a new directory in your disk, where
      you want to build ITK.  That new directory
      will now be referred to as the "Binary
      Directory".

   d) Run CMake and type in the top to fields the
      "Source Directory" and the "Binary Directory"
      respectively.

   e) Click on Configure, Click on OK

   f) Go to the "Binary Directory" and open the
      Solution file (.sln) with Visual Studio

   g) Build

If you have any questions, or run into any problems,
please send email to the ITK Users mailing list.