[Insight-developers] New Statistics: More uncovered code

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:17:05 EDT 2009

Looks to me like:
estimator->CalculateExpectation() should be removed. I searched all of
ITK for a use of it, but did not find any. ITK';s class of the same
name has this method also. It is protected, but I guess someone may
have written a subclass that uses it. I guess we're stuck with it in
the original statistics.
estimator->GetInitialProportions(): signature should change to const
ProportionVectorType& GetInitialProportions(), returning const ref.
The old signature, does not compile, at least on Linux. ITK has the
same issues. The method is not compiled and since we try to compile
it, it fails, its signature can be changed also.

Bill