[Insight-developers] GlobalReleaseDataFlag and ReleaseData testing

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Feb 18 10:05:23 EST 2009

Hello,

	I am working on this bug:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8490

I wanted to verify my assertion, that this same bug would be
problematic for the ReleaseData flag. So I searched to see what
testing we do of that:

victoria:Insight/Testing blowek1$ grep -R ReleaseData *
Code/BasicFilters/itkThresholdImageFilterTest.cxx:  random-
 >ReleaseDataFlagOn();

Thats not much testing of this option! So I am writing a test to do a
little more testing of it. I notice that in in itkDataObject we have
the following:

   static void SetGlobalReleaseDataFlag(const bool val);
   static bool GetGlobalReleaseDataFlag();
   void GlobalReleaseDataFlagOn()
     {this->SetGlobalReleaseDataFlag(true);}
   void GlobalReleaseDataFlagOff()
     {this->SetGlobalReleaseDataFlag(false);}

I can't think of any reason why the On/Off methods are not static. It
appears to be there since day one. Any objections to changing them to
static?

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for